Residents across Stoke-on-Trent are being made aware of road closures and delays on Sunday 12 June, during the Hanley Economic Potters ‘Arf Marathon.
Stoke-on-Trent will be hosting the 2022 edition of the Potters ‘Arf, which will welcome around 1500 runners / walkers who will take on the challenge of the hilly half marathon.
The race route passes many local businesses, so business owners are being asked to ensure where possible that employees park off the route and support this year’s race participants.
Starting and ending in the city centre, with the route passing through Joiner’s Square, Fenton, Longton, Adderley Green, Bentilee, Bucknall, Abbey Hulton, Milton, Baddeley Green, Norton and Sneyd Green, finishing in Hanley – the iconic Potters ‘Arf marathon creates an amazing atmosphere.
Due to the nature of the events and as in previous years, there will be a number of road closures and rolling closures taking effect at various times between 9.30am and 1.30pm on Sunday 12 June.
Stoke-on-Trent City Council will complete a sweep of the course following the race, to ensure any litter is collected and event signage is taken down.
No on road parking will be permitted on the route while the race passes through the city. For route information please visit www.stoke.gov.uk/pottersarf
The RACE STARTS at10.00am and Road closures are:
• Full closure of Hanley Town Centre
• Lane Closure on Potteries Way (inc. full closure for race start)
• Full closure of A50 Lichfield Street
• Full closure of A50 Victoria Road
• Lane Closure on King Street from Victoria Place to Fenton Roundabout
• Lane closure full length of King Street up to Times Square (all roads to the left closed)
• Full closure of Market Street
• Full closure of Anchor Road
• Lane Closure on Dividy Road from bottom of Beverley Drive to Anchor Road roundabout
• Full closure of Beverley Drive
• Full closure of Malthouse Road
• Full closure of Ruxley Road from and jnc. Malthouse Lane to and jnc. Townsend Place
• Full closure of Fellbrook Lane
• Full closure of Abbey Lane
• Full closure of Abbey Road from junction of Abbey Road to junction with Leek Road
• Lane closure of A5009 Leek Road (from and jnc. Abbey Road) to A5009 Adderley Green Lane (junction with Leonard Avenue)
• Full closure of Leonard Avenue
• Coning off of left hand lane of A53 Leek New Road from the junction of Leonard Avenue to the junction with Berwick Road
• Full closure of Berwick Road from A53 to junction with Milton Road
• Full closure of A5272 Hanley Road from junction of Milton Road to B5047 Town Road
• Full closure of B5047 Town Road to Quadrant Road
Cllr Lorraine Beardmore, cabinet member for culture, leisure and public health said: “To ensure the safety of all runners we have planned various temporary road closures for race day. We understand road delays can be frustrating, but safety of our participants is of course our priority. I’d love to see people from all around the city lining the streets on 12th June and offering support to those taking part. The Potters ‘Arf is a tough course and so support for those taking part is greatly welcomed.”
Read more news about the POTTERS ARF on Baba’s Local News Pages