Stoke-on-Trent has been given the opportunity to nominate Batonbearers to take part in the Queen’s Baton Relay, which takes place between 4 and 28 July 2022.
The nominations process is now open and will close on 14 February 2022, giving the public four weeks to make their nominations via www.birmingham2022.com/queens-baton-relay/batonbearer
The public nominations criteria for 2022 are as follows –
- Nominators will be asked to provide information on how the nominee meets one or more of the selection criteria (max 100 words).
- The minimum age of Batonbearers is 12, on 2 June 2022 (the first day of the England relay).
- Nominees must be a UK citizen or have permission to reside in the UK between 2 June – 28 July 2022.
- All nominees will undergo a security background check.
- Nominees will be given one week to accept their nomination and provide further details.
- Under 18s will require permission from a guardian to nominate and to accept a nomination.
- All nominees will be security checked prior to the selection panels.
- Elected officials cannot be Batonbearers in the England relay.
Councillor Lorraine Beardmore, cabinet member for leisure, culture and public health said: “This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for residents of our city and I’m thrilled that those chosen will hold a place in history.”
“We are a city awash with sporting excellence and unique sporting stories and backgrounds. Whether this is contributing to sports, our schools, the arts or fundraising for local charities. I encourage residents to come forward and nominate their sporting superstar for this fantastic opportunity”.
Please visit the Birmingham 2022 website to nominate an individual as a Batonbearer for the Queen’s Baton Relay – Batonbearer Nominations | Birmingham 2022
Nominations for the Queen’s Baton Relay for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 close on 14 February 2022.