Business Category: Community
“CAFAG aims to bring people and communities together to provide support and change lives”
CAFAG a charity based at the Whitfield Valley Centre in Fegg Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent. We are an invaluable part of the local community, providing activities & services designed to improve the physical, mental & social health of the communities of Fegg Hayes, Chell, Chell Heath and the wider area.
CAFAG supports people throughout their lives, from the very youngest to the elderly as follows:
– Supporting young people – to achieve personal, education and employment goals;
– Café and Meals on Wheels – helping people to have healthy and nutritional meals;
– Gardening service – helping people enjoy their gardens and gardening;
= Room Hire – providing space to support community groups and the delivery of local community services;
– Nursery and Crèche – providing excellent, affordable childcare; and
– Volunteering – providing high-quality opportunities for volunteering leading to better work opportunities, community giving and personal wellbeing;
– Combatting loneliness – ensuring that fewer people are living lives in isolation of family, friends and the wider community; and
– Promoting Health and Wellbeing – including the provision of lunch clubs for older members of the community, training and social, health and wellbeing activities.
In summary, CAFAG is a unique project with a strong emphasis on partnership working within the community providing for the health and wellbeing of the local and wider populations and improving their life chances.
**READ more about CAFAG on BabaBaboon’s FEATURES by clicking here.